It’s no secret that Orlando is hot and humid during the summer (and beyond), so if you’re heading down to the most magical place on Earth this summer, here are some tips for 5 ways to beat the heat at Walt Disney World.
1. Be prepared – It’s going to be hot and humid, so be ready for it. Wear weather-appropriate clothing in breathable fabrics, and bring sun protection like hats, sunglasses, and stroller shades. Don’t forget to pack your sunscreen, either. Being out in the heat also means staying hydrated – you can bring in your own refillable water bottle, use your resort refillable mug at drinking fountains, or get free cups of ice water from quick-service locations.
2. Take a break – The afternoon is the hottest part of the day in Orlando, and most days we like to skip it entirely by heading back to our resort for a mid-day break. It gives us time to cool off and rest up, and we don’t have to experience the worst of the day’s heat.
3. Cool-down attractions – Even if you don’t leave the parks for a break, be sure to take regular breaks to rest. Each park has a few attractions that are great for a mid-day rest since they rarely have a wait. One of our favorite places is the Carousel of Progress – cushioned seating and air conditioning!
4. Water rides – Cool off by getting soaked on some of Walt Disney World’s water rides, such as Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom or Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom. You’ll want to grab a FastPass for these if you’re visiting in the afternoon, as these attractions get very busy in the midday heat.
5. Pool day – A day off the parks somewhere in the middle of your trip is a great way to everyone to recharge, as being in the parks in the heat can be tiring. Take a day to enjoy your resort pool, or even one of Walt Disney World’s water parks, to get some rest and relaxation time in on your trip.
Find out how my FREE planning services can make your vacation stress-free and unforgettable!