The Wizarding World of Harry Potter offers amazing attractions and theming – and that even extends to the food! For those with a sweet tooth, there are plenty of fun and delicious sweets that will take you right into the Wizarding World. Here are my favorite Wizarding World of Harry Potter sweets.
At Honeyduke’s in Hogsmeade and at Sugarplum’s in Diagon Alley, you can find a variety of packaged candies to try. These are my favorites:
- Fizzing Whizbees: These are undoubtedly my #1 favorite candy to buy at the Wizarding World, and I have to get a box every time. They’re bite-size milk chocolate flies filled with raspberry pop rocks, so they “fizz” when you eat them. They’re sweet and delicious, but if you’re taking them home try to store them carefully so they don’t melt.
- Skiving Snackboxes: The Weasley twins’ infamous inventions may not actually make you “sick” like they do in the story, but you can purchase boxes of their snacks, or a package that includes some of all four types. Our favorite is probably the gummy-like Fainting Fancies.
- Sherbet Lemons: While there are certainly more unique candies that you can buy at the Wizarding World, they were Dumbledore’s favorite, they’re still a yummy candy, and you also get a neat Honeyduke’s jar when you purchase it (I still have mine).
- Exploding Bon Bons: Much like the Fizzing Whizbees, these delicious treats use pop rocks to create an “explosion” in your mouth. They have a unique orange-pineapple taste.
- Acid Pops: These are definitely for those that like sour treats – these bright green pops contain quite a sour punch.
These locations also offer a variety of treats from their bakery case, such as Pumpkin Pasties, cakes, fudge, and a variety of other Wizarding World of Harry Potter sweets.
For a sweet treat that will also help you cool down in the Orlando heat, head over to Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor. There are classic ice cream flavors, as well as more unique options such as Strawberry Peanut Butter, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Lavender and Earl Grey Tea, and, of course, Butterbeer.
If you want something sweet but also refreshing, you can also check out the wide variety of specialty drinks. Butterbeer, both cold and frozen, and Pumpkin Juice are available everywhere in the Wizarding World. In Diagon Alley you can also try unusual but delicious concoctions such as Fishy Green Ale, Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice, and Tongue-Tying Lemon Squash.
Find out how my FREE planning services can make your vacation stress-free and unforgettable!