The season of giving is almost here, and so many people are on the hunt for the perfect gift. As I look back on my favorite gifts that I’ve received, the best ones were those that made special memories for me and my family. If your goal is to make amazing memories together with your favorite people, then what better gift than you traveling together to the worlds of your favorite stories? Check out the perfect vacation gifts for nerd travelers.
For the Harry Potter Fan
Enter the world you’ve always wanted to visit, and make some magic of your own!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando
- Explore iconic locations from the hallways of Hogwarts Castle to the shops of Diagon Alley
- Let your destined wand choose you at Ollivander’s Wand Shop and cast spells throughout the Wizarding World
- Take thrilling journeys on groundbreaking attractions – navigate the perils of the vaults in Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, or soar above Hogwarts Castle in Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Board the Hogwarts Express for a ride through the British countryside on your way to Hogwarts
- Sample dishes and treats from the Wizarding World, from chocolate frogs and pumpkin pasties to Pumpkin Juice and Butterbeer
Putting together a gift vacation for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is easy with Universal Orlando’s vacation packages including on-site hotel, theme park admission, special perks like early admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and complimentary theme park transportation, and even fun surprises like a Shutterbutton’s photo session to get your moving portrait taken together.
Make your Harry Potter fan’s dreams come true and contact Elizabeth@theaffordablemouse.com to start planning.
For the Star Wars Fan
Your Star Wars fan can indulge their love of the Star Wars universe with two incredible destinations
Star Wars Day at Sea on Disney Cruise Line
- Guests get the chance to meet characters from the Star Wars saga such as Darth Vader, Captain Phasma, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Stormtroopers and more!
- Get into the spirit of the Force by dressing up as your favorite Star Wars character and enter a costume contest
- Kids in the Youth Clubs enjoy Star Wars-themed activities and character appearances
- Younglings get the chance to learn the power of the Jedi in the Jedi Training Academy. Children age 4-12 can learn lightsaber skills and put them to the test against the ultimate Sith lord, Darth Vader.
- This amazing day at sea concludes with a Star Wars deck party where guests help “Summon the Force” with a stage full of Star Wars characters, everyone’s favorite Star Wars music, and a spectacular pyrotechnic finale.
Disney Cruise Line includes so much in the cruise fare, from spacious staterooms to multiple dining venues to onboard entertainment day and night, that it makes the perfect gift.
Experience Star Wars at Walt Disney World
- Face the Dark Side: Guests age 4-12 can sign up to learn the basics of wielding a (training) lightsaber before they take on the Dark Side in the form of either Darth Vader or Kylo Ren.
- Enjoy Entertainment: The March of the First Order brings Captain Phasma and her Storm Troopers down Hollywood Boulevard as they affirm the power of the First Order. On the stage at the end of Hollywood Boulevard, guests can also catch Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away, which features many favorite characters such as C-3PO and R2D2, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, and BB-8 interspersed with sequences from the film saga.
- Journey to New Galaxies: Fans of Star Wars also won’t want to miss out on Star Tours, a 3D simulator ride that takes guests on an adventure to a galaxy far, far away. The ride has a rotating sequence of different destinations, so you’ll likely see a different planet each time you ride. Star Tours also has a sequence from a new planet, Crait, featured in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
- Meet Rebel Heroes and First Order Villains: The Star Wars Launch Bay offers several opportunities for guests to meet the heroes and villains of the Star Wars saga. Here you can meet Chewbacca, BB-8, and Kylo Ren. They’re all very popular, so you’ll want to visit early or late in the day. The Launch Bay often has other characters roaming around – sightings could include Boba Fett, Greedo, or some Stormtroopers.
- Feel the Force at the Galactic Spectacular: This nighttime show takes place on and above the façade of the Chinese Theater. It takes guests through the Star Wars film saga with amazing projections, pyrotechnics, lasers, and of course the incredible film score. It’s not-to-be-missed for Star Wars fans.
Walt Disney World includes a wide variety of other experiences perfect for nerd travelers, including immersive shows, world-class attractions, and immersive environments. Theme park admission can easily be packaged together with hotels, dining plan, transportation, and more – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
For Marvel Fans
Let your Marvel fan get their nerd on with superhero encounters at incredible destinations!
Marvel Day at Sea with Disney Cruise Line
- Meet favorite Marvel superheroes including Captain America, Spider-Man, and Thor, as well as all-new appearances from Black Panther, Loki, and Iron Man
- Explore the Mystic Arts with an all-new stage show featuring Dr. Strange
- Kids in the Youth Clubs enjoy Marvel-themed activities and character appearances
- Adults can dance the night away with Groot, Gamora, and Star-Lord at the Awesome Dance Party
- Show off your nerd side and dress as your favorite Marvel superhero
- Enjoy a spectacular nighttime stunt and firework show bringing together heroes and villains from throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Experience the Marvel Universe at Disneyland Resort
- Meet Your Heroes: Guests can meet some of their favorite Marvel superheroes, including Captain America, Spider-Man, and even Groot!
- Prepare Your Best Moves for the Awesome Dance Off: Throughout the day in front of the Collector’s Fortress, you can help Star-Lord and Gamora save the galaxy – through dance, of course! Star-Lord is firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is welcome to get into the groove.
- Sign Up for Avengers Training: Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers. Children age 4-12 can participate in this interactive show.
- Experience Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! This new adventure blasts Guests straight into the “Guardians of the Galaxy” story for the first time ever, alongside characters from the blockbuster films and comics. As Guests help Rocket bust his pals out of the Collector’s Fortress, they’ll experience randomized ride experiences complete with all-new visual and audio effects and music inspired by the popular film soundtracks. You’ll never know which adventure you’ll get!
The best gifts make memories that last forever. Give the gift of an incredible vacation and get your nerd on with your favorite people. Contact Elizabeth@theaffordablemouse.com and get all the expertise and insider knowledge you need to make it happen.
Find out how my FREE planning services can make your vacation stress-free and unforgettable!